Opening on August 17 is LAIKA’s awesome 3D stop-motion feature, ParaNorman. Directed by Chris Butler and Sam Fell, the film centers on a young boy who can see the dead and must use this gift to lift a curse that threatens his small town. ParaNorman features the voices of Kodi-Smit McPhee, Anna Kendrick, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, John Goodman, Casey Affleck, Leslie Mann, Jodelle Ferland and more. For more on the film, here’s six clips, a very cool featurette called Time Lapse, and all our previous coverage.
Earlier today I got to speak with Christopher Mintz-Plasse. We talked about his reaction to the finished film, how the script changed along the way, and the recording process. In addition, with Mintz-Plasse about to leave for London to start filming Kick-Ass 2, he talked about what fans can look forward to in the sequel which he describes as “Warriors meets Kick-Ass.” He also revealed that he’s part of some of the big action scenes and Chloe Moretz’s character Hit Girl is going into the 9th grade in the sequel. Hit the jump to watch.
“They wrote an incredible script. I think she’s going into 9th grade in this which is really smart. They didn’t keep her 11 as she was in the first one. They kind of aged it up a bit. And it’s super violent and bloody and funny and it’s got a great cast. I’m really excited. I fly out to London in a week to get started.”
Here’s the full interview. Look for more with the ParaNorman cast next week.
- Reaction to the finished film
- How did the recoding process on ParaNorman compare to How to Train Your Dragon
- How did the project and script change along the way
- 1:55 – How we both thought Kick-Ass 2 would never get made
- Talks about the production schedule
- Are they using real world time as a plot device
- 3:30 – Is he involved in any big action scenes. Calls the film Warriors meets Kick-Ass
Article source: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1925707/news/1925707/