Rotten Tomatoes

April 1, 2012

Dumb and Dumber 2 Filming in September

Share

The Three Stooges might have brought us nothing but stony faces so far, but that all changed at the recent press junket, at which the Farrelly brothers announced that production will soon begin on Dumb And Dumber 2.

“We’re getting set to shoot Dumb And Dumber 2 in September,” revealed Peter Farrelly. “It’s the first sequel we’ve ever done and we’ve got Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels back.”

Carrey was thought to be in discussions to reprise his role as Lloyd Christmas last summer, but since then, the project had gone a little quiet. Now, production is expected to start by the end of the year, with both Carrey and Daniels on board.

Meanwhile, Farrelly is keen to distance himself from the 2003 prequel Dumb And Dumberer, stressing that this new film will be the first true return to the characters made famous by the 1994 original.

“We did not do Dumb And Dumberer,’” he says. “That was a studio thing. So we’ve always wanted to do a sequel and finally Jim called up. Jeff always wanted to do it. We always wanted to do it. Jim was busy, but he called and said, ‘We’ve got to do this thing again.’ He had just watched Dumb And Dumber and he said, ‘This is the perfect sequel. Let’s do it.’”

Sounds like round two will be with us sooner rather than later, then. A crumb of comfort then, should you find yourself being dragged to The Three Stooges on 20 July…

Do you want a Dumb And Dumber sequel, or should they leave the property alone? Tell us, below.

Share





 
 

 
 

Star Wars hero Luke Skywalker turns up for filming on Skellig Michael – Belfast Telegraph

Mark Hamill outside the Butler Arms Hotel in Waterville, Co Kerry, where he has been staying while filming the new Star Wars movie Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker in 1980 By Colin Francis – 31 July 2014 Original Star Wars hero ...
by Brian Montgomery
0

 
 
 

Harrison Ford — Not Quite Full Force … After ‘Star Wars’ Injury – TMZ.com

There’s new hope for Harrison Ford – 6 weeks after his infamous Millennium Falcon disaster … he’s recovered enough that he no longer looks lke a damaged droid. Han Solo ventured out to a Starbucks not ...
by Brian Montgomery
0

 
 
 

Marvel’s ‘Star Wars’ line editor is looking to the industry’s biggest stars … – New York Daily News

Marvel Starting in January 2015, Marvel will launch the first of its new ‘Star Wars’ titles, with art by John Cassaday. Marvel’s “Star Wars” line is making the Kessel Run to shelves in less than 12 ...
by Brian Montgomery
0