Feed him light and watch him run!
Herbie is not your ordinary mouse. First off, he’s a robot. Second, he doesn’t like cheese – he likes light! But like an ordinary mouse, you have to build Herbie yourself using a soldering iron and tools. Plus, he’s got a tail and whiskers. We don’t even know what we’re saying anymore. Read on, though, to learn more about the super-dooper-mc-awesome Herbie the Mousebot Kit.
Put together a Herbie the Mousebot Kit, and you’ll have a really happening little robot. His eyes are IR sensors and will help Herbie follow light. And follow it he will – super fast. Herbie’s tail and whiskers aren’t just for show, either – they are sensors to help prevent Herbie from getting stuck in corners or under things. Playing with one Herbie is great, but more than one Herbie can also frolic together. See, each Herbie the Mousebot Kit comes with two optional pieces: a resistor and an IR LED. Install these two, and the back end of your Herbie will now be emitting IR light – which other Herbies will chase after! Herbie the Mousebot Kit – he’s a mouse, he’s a robot, and he wants to come home with you!
Herbie the Mousebot Kit
- DIY mouse robot, who loves light and will follow it.
- Bump sensors (tail and whiskers) prevent Herbie from getting stuck in corners or under things.
- All you need to build one light-lovin’ robot mouse.
- Two optional (included) components help more than one Herbie play with each other.
- Over 20 pieces and illustrated instructions included.
- Solder, soldering iron, basic tools, and battery not included.
- Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
- Batteries: 1 x 9V (not included)
- Completed Dimensions: approx. 5″ x 6″ x 5.25″ (including whisker span and tail).
Article source: http://www.thinkgeek.com/ef09/?cpg=clrss