Rotten Tomatoes

March 21, 2012

Jake Kasdan Picks Up Jason Segel’s Sex Tape

Share


Jason Segel

When the script for Sex Tape was first acquired by Sony in a deal that reportedly reached seven figures, there was talk that it already had three names attached. The story of a bored, suburban couple who make and then misplace a sex tape was said to be starring Jason Segel and Reese Witherspoon, and it was going to be directed by Nick Stoller. Well, various aspects of that report either didn’t work out or were never true in the first place, because people are talking about Sex Tape again, and only one of those names is still attached.

THR reports that while Jason Segel is still on board to play the male lead, a deal with Stoller was never reached, and now Jake Kasdan has signed on to be the director. Witherspoon isn’t mentioned at all in this new report, and, as a matter of fact, they go as far as to say that the female lead hasn’t yet been cast, and Cameron Diaz is thought to be a front-runner for the role.

Jason Segel has a decent amount of momentum behind him coming off of the success of The Muppets, so this has to be seen as a good opportunity for Kasdan’s career. He’s a director who’s made some solid comedies in Walk Hard and Bad Teacher, but it seems like his movies always go underrated when it’s all said and done. Hitting a home run with a movie that’s starring one of the hottest names of right now would go a long way toward showing everyone what a solid director of comedies he’s been so far.

If Diaz does prove to be the choice for the female lead, this will be a re-teaming of the trio, as they all worked together previously on Kasdan’s Bad Teacher. If that film had any glaring flaw, it was that it didn’t utilize Segel’s talents enough, so perhaps this time they’ll be working with the right material for everyone to show what they can do.

Share





 
 

 
 

‘Star Trek: The Original Series’ scenes look fantastic as cinematic panoramas – The Verge

Forgot password? We’ll email you a reset link. If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead. Source Article from http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/18/6423051/star-trek-the...
by Geek Staff
0

 
 
 

Star Trek 3 to begin shooting ‘within the next six months’ says Spock actor … – Mirror.co.uk

Zachary Quinto believes Star Trek 3 will begin shooting within the next six months. The 37-year-old actor – who has also appeared in the popular sci-fi show Heroes – has confirmed he expects to return to the iconic ...
by Geek Staff
0

 
 
 

Star Trek: Shadows Of Tyranny Casting Call – Trek Today

Posted by T’Bonz – 19/09/14 at 11:09 am Tweet A new audio series from the creator of Star Trek: The Continuing Mission is seeking voice talent. Star Trek: Shadows of T...
by Geek Staff
0