Shoot in Pitch Dark and Experiment with Infrared Photography
Digital cameras aren’t exactly the most exciting gadgets these days… that’s why you can trust your friends at ThinkGeek to up the ante and deliver the Midnight Shot NV-1 Night Vision Camera. You get 5.0 megapixels and an invisible infrared flash to light up your subjects in total darkness. Or experiment with Infrared photography that lets you do crazy stuff like see through some types of fabric and materials.
The Midnight Shot NV-1 Night Vision Camera is switchable between standard photography mode and infrared night-shot mode. When you enter night-shot the infrared blocking filter normally over the lens retracts to let all infrared light through, at the same time a super-bright IR LED invisibly illuminates (to your eyes) the entire scene.
You’ll notice that during the daytime in night vision mode you can see through some types of clothing, paper and other various thin materials. This is because infrared light can penetrate these surfaces while light visible to the human eye bounces off. The Midnight Shot NV-1 sees both visible light and infrared light, making both viewable to humans. If you want to accentuate this effect you can make your own (or buy) an infrared filter which allows only infrared light to pass through, eliminating the visible light spectrum. Here are some details:
Respect the privacy of your fellow humans and don’t use the Midnight Shot NV-1 Night Vision Camera for evil.
- Digital camera allows you to shoot in absolute darkness
- Shoot still shots or video
- Experiment with Infrared photography that lets you see through some types of fabric and materials.
- Built-in Invisible IR illumination
- Switchable between regular shot and night vision mode
- Sensor: 1/2.5″ CMOS 5.0 Mega Pixels
- Lens: f=7.45mmm
- Image Size: 1.3M: 1280 x 960 – 3M: 2048 x 1536 – 5M: 2560 x 1920 – 9M: 3488 x 2608 (interpolated) – 12M: 3920 x 2490 (interpolated)
- Digital Zoom: 8x
- LCD Display: 3″ LTPS LCD
- Focus: Fixed
- Focus Range: 0.4m ~ Infinity / Macro 0.12 – 0.4m
- Shutter: Electronic
- Shutter Speed: 1/4 – 1/3000 seconds
- Exposure EV: AE/+-2EV (1/3 EV Step)
- Flash: Electronic Flash
- Night Vision: IR Illumination
- Internal Memory: 16M
- External Memory: Uses standard SD cards up to 8GB
- Photo Format: Jpeg
- Video Format: AVI
- Video Resolution: 640 x 480
- Battery: 900mAh 3.7v Li-ion
- Dimension/Weight: 97x59x18mm, 108.5g